310 943 6352
L1 Visa Attorney
L1b Visa is a nonimmigrant class of U.S. visas granted to foreign employees. The visa enables an oversea company or organization to transfer employees with specialized knowledge to an existing or new office of the said company or organization in the U.S.
L1b Visa is the second category of L1 Visa for intracompany transfer of foreign employees with specialized knowledge to the United States with the sole responsibility to the interest of the company.
Recall the L1 Visa allows employers to transfer such employees to the U.S. to work in an existing office of the company or organization or establish a new branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the company or organization.
L1b Visa is granted to specialized knowledge staff or employees who have in-depth knowledge of the products or services offered by the company. The employees must also know the proprietary techniques, research, systems, procedures, or management concerning the company or organization.
- The employer must satisfy all the conditions required for employers under L1b Visa.
- The employer must have a relationship with the foreign company that qualifies him/her to bring in an employee into the U.S.
- The employer must have a running business, and it must continue to run in the U.S., and in at least one additional country for the period the employee granted the L1b Visa stays in the U.S.
- The employee must have been working for the company or organization for at least one year before applying for the L1b Visa.
- The employee applying for the L1b Visa to enter the United States must perform services in the specialized knowledge capacity in the U.S. if granted the L1b Visa.
It is essential to know that if granted, the employee would stay and work in the United States for three years, but the visa may be renewed on for an extension of two years up to a maximum of five years limit.