L1 Visa Attorney

Larhdel Law


The L1 Visa

The L1 visa permits nationals from other countries to be transferred by their employers to enter into the United States so as to manage an organization, firm or to perform major function. L1 can also permit the holder to manage the start up of a new office or company.  

Who Is Suitable for the Visa?

To qualify for the L1 Visa, a USA firm to which you are being transferred to should have a branch or affiliate with your non U.S. employer.  Another thing, employment in the U.S. firm should be of the same or higher rank such as managerial duty.  You also need to prove your skills and knowledge for a specific job.

Requirements of L1 Visa

The requirements needed for this visa include:

  • The foreign company that you work with should have a relationship with the U.S.
  • The foreign company and the USA Company should be active and viable the entire time of your employment in the U.S.
  • You should have been employed overseas by the organization transferring you for more than one year within the past three years and be ready to perform duties in the U.S for the same employer.

Type of People or Country that Gets the Visa

For one to qualify for L1 visa, they must be working with an organization in their country that has a branch in the U.S. The organization in the U.S. should have confirmed your transfer and waiting to have you on board.

Benefits of Getting the L1 Visa

Once you have the L1 visa, you can legitimately live in the United States as well as seek permanent residency.  It also becomes easy to freely travel in and out of the U.S. with an L1 visa.  As an L1 visa holder, you can bring your family members along to live with you in the United States.  Another benefit is that your spouse can apply for a work permit to find employment and your children can also go to school.

Applying for the Visa

Following the L1 Petition, a person who is abroad will need to apply for the L1 Visa

  • You need DOS Form DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application.
  • A copy of your passport that is valid for at least six months with a least one blank page for the period of residence in The U.S.
  • You also need to submit two similar color photographs that show your full face without any covering. You can still wear a headdress if required by religion.
  • Submit your detailed resume.
  • Show proof that you have been employed as an executive by the organization for more than one year.

Once your company has confirmed your transfer to the U.S. office, it is important for the company to start processing your application for the L1 visa. The L1 visa enables you to work in the United States legally and at the same time enjoy the benefits.

It would be advantageous for You and your company to seek the assistance of a US Immigration Attorney to avoid a refusal or denial.

Call 310 943 6352 for a free 15 mins consultation

    Please prove you are human by selecting the Tree.

    L1 Visa Attorney 2021