L1 Visa Attorney

Free Consultation : 310-943-6352

21550 Oxnard Street, Woodland Hills
California CA 91367

Free Consultation


Free Consultation

L1 Visa to Green Card

If you are looking for the perfect way to live in the United States permanently, holding an L1 Visa is the key. The L1 Visa to a green card is arguably one of the best ways to permanent residency in the U.S. If you hold an L1a Visa or L1b Visa, your path to permanent residency us without any hassles.

What an L1 Visa Entails

The L1 Visa is intended to simplify the transfer of foreign executives, managers, and specialized knowledge employees from their international company to the same company, either affiliate, subsidiary, parent, or branch in the U.S.

The holder of L1 Visa can be accompanied to the U.S by spouse and unmarried children (under 21 years of age), although they would apply for L2 Visas.

Requirements for L1 Visa to Green Card

The L1 Visa is a dual-purpose and temporary nonimmigrant visa. To qualify for the visa, you must prove that you did not intend to immigrate to the U.S. before being granted the L1 Visa. You must provide proof of permanent residence in a foreign country. However, the procedure for getting a green card is easy if you are a holder of the L1a Visa (specifically the executive and manager on transfer).

Here are the requirements for a change of status from an L1 Visa holder to a green card owner:

  • You must hold an L1 Visa. If you hold the L1a Visa, you are at an advantage.
  • You must have been working with a U.S. employer in the capacity of an executive or manager, or a specialized knowledge or skill employee.
  • Both you and your U.S. employer must have a qualifying relationship.
  • Your employer must have been in business for at least one year.

The Application Process from L1 Visa to Green Card

For an L1a Visa holder, your eligibility for green card falls under the EB1C category.

Your U.S. employer will file form I-140 while you can file Form I-485 for an adjustment of status.

For an L1b Visa holder, follow the PERM labor certification program, the same procedure followed by applicants filing for employment-based green cards


Contact Us For A Free Consultation​

Recent posts
Skip to content